Sign Up Today and Get...
- Enrollment in this month's ClownX Masterclass (see below)
- Enrollment in Every ClownX for the next 12 months
- Access to the Archive of every ClownX Masterclass we've ever had.
>>CLICK HERE IF YOU'D PREFER TO PAY MONTHLY
This Month's ClownX
Moshe Cohen's masterclass is for people who wish to explore their inner clown world, to develop clown from the inside rather than putting it on.
Developing the clown from the inner impulse means connecting to your sense of humor, fun, delight, and mischief, bringing all your senses into play to guide you as you define and map your clown world. Based in Richard Pochinko’s pioneering clown method, physical theater pedagogy, and Asian influences – Kyogen, Butoh, Shintaido and Zen - Moshe's session has three primary intentions:
- To help you define, deepen and expand your clowns’ non-verbal vocabulary and emotional expression
- To developing capacity to create resonance and connection with the audience.
- To improve your clown’s awareness, authenticity, and your capacity to embody clown.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM THE CLASS...
2.5 hours of Zoom-based instruction with MOSHE.
- Overview of the "Pochinko" method, his 'magic circle' as the connection point of clown, and his method of evolving personal clown architecture.
- Brainstorming and developing physical/vocal (ie non-verbal) vocabulary for expression
- Embodied exploration of personal expressions based on Pochinko's methods
Forever access to the recording of the masterclass
Opportunity for interactive Q&A with MOSHE
- As a ClownX member you also get access to recordings of all past ClownX masterclasses, including Joe Dieffenbacher, Robyn Hambrook, Shanna Calcutt, and Jef Johnson.
Moshe Cohen is an internationally renowned teacher, performing artist and sacred mischief maker. He has toured his Mr. YooWho show widely in theaters and festival around the world (50+ countries/1000+ performances). An early pioneer of the Clowns Without Borders movement, and co-founder of the Zen Order of Disorder (OD), Moshe currently works with the Medical Clown Project in San Francisco bringing laughter to both elders and children in institutional settings. He also brings humor and lightness trainings into the workplace and educational institutions. He teaches both performers and laypeople, in clown/theater schools as well as spiritual/zen centers.
Moshe began performing in 1981 and in 1983 quit his job, drove to Montreal and started street performing on the Rue Prince Arthur. He began teaching Clown in 1993, at the San Francisco Circus Center. In 2001, he began teaching ‘Clowning Your Zen’ workshops with Roshi Bernie Glassman, expanding his focus beyond clown performance to the everyday world and how to awaken levity and lightfulness.(scroll down for a listing of teaching venues).
Moshe's formal artistic training includes physical theatre, clown, butoh dance, kyogen, kabuki, taoist health exercises, mime, ukulele, and voice. Informally he practices juggling, closeup magic, bubbleology, singing and playing ukulele, and balancing objects on his nose.
Moshe has worked extensively in the Clowns Without Borders world, founding the US chapter in 1995, participating in over 30 projects. He lead the group informally, then established it as a non-profit in the US. He was the executive director, then board president, and currently is an emeritus board member. Moshe is also the Closhi (guru of subtle humor) of the Order of Disorder of the Zen Peacemakers, and tries his best to live up to the OD motto, ‘Don’t be here Now’.
WHAT IS ClownX?
ClownX brings the very best clown teachers from around the world right into your living room. Once a month, a new Xpert and a new theme to be Xplored.
Think of it as a portal to a diverse range of approaches and methods or simply an opportunity for fresh stimulus and inspiration built into your routine.
Over the next few months we have Moshe Cohen, Patrick van den Boom, Olivier-Hughues Therrault and Michelle Matlock.
Plus, when you sign up for the monthly subscription you get access to all the past ClownX Masterclasses, which includes Joe Dieffenbacher, Jef Johnson, Shannan Calcutt and Robyn Hambrook.